The FDI Mediation Moot Conference brings together leading thinkers on international investment mediation to discuss the future of the practice. The event comprises a panel on emerging issues in investment mediation and a panel on initiatives to promote and facilitate investment mediation.
Thursday, 24 March 2022
Frontier Issues in International Investment Mediation
- Naoshi Takasugi Vice President, Doshisha University
- Anselmo Reyes Professor at Law, Doshisha University, and International Judge of the Singapore International Commercial Court
- Tom Glasgow Managing Director and Chief Investment Officer – Asia, Onmi Bridgeway The Role of Third-Party Funders in Investment Mediation
- Wolf Von Kumberg Mediator, Arbitrator, and President of Global Resolution Resources LLC Investment Mediation and Climate Action
- Jack Coe Professor of Law, Caruso School of Law, Pepperdine University Concurrent Team Med-Arb for Investor-State Disputes–Too Many Moving Parts or Orchestral Majesty?
- Anne-Karin Grill Mediator, Arbitrator, and Founder and Principal of AKG ADVISORY Investment Mediation and Transparency
Systemic Progress in International Investment Mediation
- Koji Takahashi Professor of Law, Doshisha University
- Bart Legum Founding Partner, Honlet Legum Arbitration Considerations for Drafting a Mediation Requirement in an Investment Treaty
- Alejandro Carballo Leyda General Counsel and Head of the Conflict Resolution Centre, International Energy Charter Assessing and Preparing for Investment Mediation
- Judith Knieper Legal Officer, United Nations Commission on International Trade Law The UNCITRAL Mediation Framework
- Takashi Takashima Senior Attorney, Litigation Bureau/Minister’s Secretariat International Affairs Division, Ministry of Justice of Japan Government Perspectives on Dispute Settlement through Mediation
- Haruo Okada President, Japan Association of Arbitrators
The conference is open to the public. Registration details will be posted here when available.